If your student will have to miss school or needs to leave school early for any reason, please contact the school's office as soon as possible to let them know.
- High School - 913-845-3042
- Middle School - 913-845-2627
- Elementary - 913-845-2290
Information for Student Athletes
There are a variety of forms and information sheets available to students in grades 7-12 who will be participating in school sports.
- Student Athlete Packet - 2014-15 academic year. For 7-12 grade students who will be participating in inter-scholastic athletics. Contains the Pre-Participation Physical (PPE), Eligibility Checklist, District Substance Abuse Policy, and KSHSAA Concussion and Head Injury Sign-Off Sheet. The packet must be filled out completely and turned in before the student can attend practice.
- Student Accident Insurance Q & A
- Student Accident Insurance Standard Group Plan - this document will help parents understand coverage offered by the insurance policy that covers students during any school-related activity. This is a secondary policy and goes into effect after the family's regular insurance has provided coverage. This policy does not cover KSHSAA activities.
- KSHSAA Activities Plan - this describes the district's athletic policy policy which covers students injured during practice, travel, and competitions of KSHSAA activities. This plan is a secondary insurance policy and goes into effect after the family's regular insurance has provided coverage. It has a $5,000 deductible.
- KSHSAA Accident Insurance - an optional plan to be purchased by families of students involved in KSHSAA activities, covers the $5,000 deductible for the KSHSAA Activities Plan. This plan must be purchased and paid for prior to the first day of practice for the sport in which the student is participating. If parents choose not to purchase this additional insurance, any medical bills as a result of a sports-related injury will be subject to a $5,000 deductible and will not be paid by the district's insurance.
The district offers a variety of calendar options for our patrons.
2014-15 and 2015-16 Academic Year Calendars - 2 pages. This two-year schedule now allows families to plan far into the future!
A 16-page Athletics and Activities Calendar - This calendar is designed primarily for parents and patrons. It contains the school-year schedule as well as athletic events, school activities, meetings, and a variety of other information.
Printed copies of these calendars will be available at the start of school at the District Administrative Center and in the school buildings. An updated monthly calendar will also be available in the buildings.
This online calendar is updated as changes occur; it will always be more accurate than the printed version.
Kaw Valley League/RSchoolToday High School Events Calendar - this subscription service will allow district patrons to view, search, filter and print a variety of calendars for high school events and activities. The calendar may also be accessed by going to www.kawvalleyleague.org then clicking Tonganoxie at the right side of the page.
Each building is responsible for the upkeep of their online athletics and events calendar, available by clicking the District Calendar link at the very top of the webpage, or going to the Schools menu then choosing the building.
School Start and End Times for 2014-2015
Here are the bell schedules for the 2014-15 school year:
At their September '12 meeting, the Board of Education approved new policies and procedures for requesting district facilities.
A Facility Use Packet has been developed to help patrons with the proper forms, contact information, and billing procedures.
If you currently use, or plan to use, district facilities, please take a look at the packet to help insure that the proper procedures are being followed. Feel free to print the packet so all the information is readily available.
To reserve a district facility:
- Call or visit the scheduling coordinator of the facility you wish to request. For TES, call Carlie Puhr at 913-845-2290. For TMS, call Mark Altman at 845-2627. For THS, (except the Chieftain Room) call Brent Smith at 845-3042. For the Chieftain Room, call Mary Welsh at 845-2654. They will be able to tell you if the facility is available when you need it.
- Once you have determined that the facility is available, fill out the Facility Request form and get a signature from the scheduling coordinator or administrator at the appropriate building.
- Send the completed and signed form, and insurance waiver if required, to Bill Seymour at the District Administrative Center. Fees will be assessed and you will be contacted about payment to secure the facility.